Australian Bass Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Australian Bass Association

A small group dedicated to the restocking and habitat improvement of the Australian Bass.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

somerset- maroon last week

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Honourable Riverman

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2007-12-17

somerset- maroon last week Empty
PostSubject: somerset- maroon last week   somerset- maroon last week Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 10:54 am

I caught up with Thin Twin last week - over 8 months since our last trip we dont like to exert ourselves too much.
we headed up to Somerset on Tuesday 12 - nice day on the water I sacrificed myself to the fish gods at the launch
when my feet went from under me and i got wet to the waist-
Put my dry jumper on but was still kind of cold around the nether region in wet jeans.
We headed out, only to find that the sounder wasnt working - a major problem at Somerset.
We did a few thousand casts to some promising edges up in the creek - but not a cracker all day.
Ian a bit dissapointed - I kept my morale up for the team's sake.
Comfy nights sleep in Ian's spare room then a convoy out to Maroon.
Dam looking very good with high water level and easy launch.
we tried a few edges and drowned tress up near Camp lake Fire- didnt do any good.
Ian's lower lip trembling somewhat by now. Went up the back where the creek has a nice weed edge
I had switched to an Atomic grub on a jighead - got 3 small bass in a row.
gave Ian the same setup and drove boat up the weed line, ian picked up 2 more, biggest 37 cm.
So honour satisfied headed back home over the hills - thanks for the hosiptality Ian and Sonja
Rob
Back to top Go down
Denis

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: somerset- maroon last week   somerset- maroon last week Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 1:02 pm

Hi Rob
Fished Somerset with a mate & his son a few years back on a really cold July. His son landed a 50+ then leant the rod against the console stept back & over the side his dads best rod went. He dived in to no avail, mobile phone in pocket & all. No way was his dad going to stop him from getting hypothermia,it was his punishment so I had to give him half my clothes. What part of the dam did you fish?

Back to top Go down
Honourable Riverman

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: somerset- maroon last week   somerset- maroon last week Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 7:20 am

Denis, we launched at the dam end and headed up to round the first bend to the big bowl area and then up the creek on the right near the church camp . You can tell I know all the names of the spots eh?
Maroon much more fishy i reckon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: somerset- maroon last week   somerset- maroon last week Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

somerset- maroon last week
Page 1 of 1